Let use our BMMS technique for making this curry
Serves - 4
Divide the proportion/2 for serving 2
Spice level - Hot
Skip the potato for keto diet.
| Items || In grams || In Numbers|
|Chicken cut it in small pieces ||250 g ||n/a|
|Onion fine chopped for curry ||125 g ||Usually about 1|
|Onion fine chopped for roasting ||60 g ||about half onion|
|Tomato chopped or puree ||65 g ||Usually Half tomato|
The one curry
|1 tbsp ||n/a|
| Garlic crushed/grated/powder ||10 g ||About 2-3 cloves|
| Ginger crushed/grated/powder ||10 g ||1 inch|
|Black Pepper ||5 g ||2 tsp|
|Oil ||30 ml ||n/a|
|Fresh Cilantro (optional) || |
|Curry leaves(optional) || |
|about 10 leaves|
- Take a curved or flat bottomed pan and bring it to a medium flame and add 35 ml oil of your choice.
- Add 1/2 tsp one curry masala
- Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns gold brown
- Add the crushed/grated/powder ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add all the tomatoes/puree give it a bit of stir for a minute
- Add 1/2 tbsp of the curry masala
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt .Give it a good mix
- Add a little bit of water to avoid burning
- Keep sautéing till the entire mixture turns nice and soft for about 2-3 mins
- Tomato Test: You should now see the tomatoes completely turned soft and mushy
- Add all the chicken and give it all an awesome mix so the chicken gets coated well.
- Add 1/2 cup water
- Salt and heat Test: Do a final salt and heat test and add salt or black pepper as per your liking.
- Bring the flame to high and let it come to a nice boil.
- If you have lemon just give the mixture one tiny squeeze if not that's ok too.
- As soon as you see entire gravy boiling close the pot with the lid and reduce the flame to simmer(between medium and sim) for 15 mins. Give it a couple of stirs in between the 15 mins to make sure the bottom doesn't burn and put the lid back on.
- Bring to a high flame and boil it for 5 more mins till the water reduces to 60% of its initial level and the gravy gets a bit thick.
- Once thick transfer to a bowl
- Add 2 tbsp oil to frying pan
- Add 1/2 onion(finely chopped) and curry leaves(optional) to the frying pan
- Once the onion turns brown add 1 tsp of the one curry masala
- Add all chicken gravy from above to the pan and start frying until the entire chicken turns bit dark and start to sizzle and char
- Once you see a bit of smoke and charring of the chicken turn of the stove and enjoy!
Enjoy with Rice or Naan bread