Serves - 4
Spice level - Mild
| Items || quantity|
|Onion fine chopped ||1 large onion or 2 medium/ 300 g|
|Tomato chopped/puree ||2 tomatoes / 180 g|
The one curry
|1 tbsp / 15 g|
|Garlic fine chopped/grated ||1/2 tbsp|
|Ginger fine chopped/grated ||1/2 tbsp|
|Oil ||3 tbsp|
|Shredded fresh/frozen unsweetened coconut / coconut milk ||1/4 cup / 60 g|
|peanuts (soaked in water) ||1/4 cup / 50 g|
|1 tbsp |
|Fresh Cilantro chopped || |
Pre prep needs:
- Boil 5 eggs and make small shallow slits around the eggs
- Soak the coconut, peanut and seasme seeds in water for 10 minutes. Strain it and grind it to a fine paste using a blender
- Take a curved or flat bottomed pan/pot and bring it to a medium flame and add 40 ml oil of your choice.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns gold brown
- Add the chopped/grated ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add all the tomatoes give it a bit of stir for a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp of the The one curry masala
- Add 1/2 tbsp black pepper(if you like it hot)
- Add 1 1/2 tsp salt (adjust as per liking)
- Give it a good mix
- Add a little bit of water to avoid burning
- Keep sautéing till the entire mixture turns nice and soft for about 2-3 mins
- Tomato Test: You should now see the tomatoes completely turned soft
- Now add the coconut, peanut and sesame seed paste.
- Add the eggs and give it all a good mix
- Add water. The quantity of water you add should be in the same level of the entire mix at this point(usually about 1 cup). Give it a good mix
- Salt and heat Test: Do a final salt and heat test and add salt or black pepper as per your liking.
- Put the lid on and bring the flame to high and let it all come to a nice boil.
- As soon as you see entire gravy boiling close the pot with the lid and reduce the flame to simmer(between medium and sim) for 15 mins. Give it a couple of stirs in between the 15 mins to make sure the bottom doesn't burn and put the lid back on.
- After 15 mins remove the lid and bring to a medium flame let it boil for another 3 mins until the entire water content reduces to 60% of its initial level. ( It should have turned a thicker and oil should separate out)
- Consistency test: The gravy should not be runny. It should be in the constituency of a table cream
- Finish it off with some cilantro leaves (1/4 cup) and or curry leaves.
Enjoy with Rice or Parotta or Naan bread!!