Serves - 4
Spice level - Mild
tsp - teaspoon
tbsp - tablespoon
| Items || In g || In Numbers|
Chicken (Stir fry cut)
|350 g || |
|Onion fine chopped ||150 g ||Usually 1 medium sized|
|Tomato chopped/puree ||500 g || Usually 4 |
|Cashew ||50 g ||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice ||5ml ||1 tsp|
The one curry
|25 g ||1 1/4 tbsp|
|Garlic crushed/grated/blended ||30 g ||2 tbsp|
| 30 g ||2 tbsp|
|Oil ||30 ml ||2 tbsp|
|Butter ||45 ml ||4 tbsp|
|Sugar ||15g ||1 tbsp|
Cooking cream (18%)
|40 ml ||3 tbsp|
|Fenugreek leaves || |
Pre Prep Needs :
To the chicken add 1/4 tbsp salt and 1/2 tbsp 'The One Curry' Masala (and 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder or paprika if like a bit of heat).
Add half of ginger and garlic paste
Add the lemon and mix it well and let it rest for 15 mins.
Frying the chicken:
After 15 mins heat a pan add 2 tbsp oil and fry the chicken pieces till you see a bit of charring. Once you see nice even charring around the chicken turn off the stove and transfer the chicken to a plate/bowl.
- Heat up the same pan on a medium flame and add 2 tbsp butter
- Now add all the onions till it turns golden brown
- Add the rest of the ginger and garlic paste
- Add the tomato pieces or puree
- Give it all a nice mix with a bit of water to avoid burning
- Add 1 1/4 tbsp of 'The One curry' masala
- Add 1/2 tbsp chilli powder if you like it a bit hot or skip it if you like it mild
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt
- Add 1 tbsp sugar
- Give it a good mix
- Add a cup of water
- Keep sautéing till the entire mixture turns nice and soft for about 2-3 mins
- Add the cashews and give it all a good mix and wait till the mixture becomes nice and soft
- Tomato Test: You should now see the tomatoes completely turned soft.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture rest for few minutes to cool down.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and blend it using a hand blender or blend it in a regular blender( Make sure the entire mixture is completely cool down if you using a regular blender or else you will end painting your walls). You can skip to 'The main' section if you don't have a blender just that the sauce won't be smooth but would still taste fantastic.
- Now run the mixture through a sifter and strain out into a smooth sauce.
- Heat the same pan again and add the smooth base sauce
- Add 2 tbsp butter
- Add the pan fried chicken into the mix
- And give it all a nice mix and increase the flame so it all comes to a boil
- As soon as you see entire gravy boiling close the pot with the lid and reduce the flame to simmer(between medium and sim) for 10 mins. Give it a couple of stirs in between the 10 mins to make sure the bottom doesn't burn and put the lid back on.
- Remove the lid after 10 mins. Add the table cream and let it boil for another 3 mins ( You can adjust the cream as per your liking)
- Garnish with some Fenugreek leaves.
Enjoy with Rice or Naan bread!!