Serves - 2
Spice level - Mild
| Items || Quantity || In Numbers|
|Mushroom (slice it up 5mm slices ) ||250 g |
|Onion fine chopped ||150 g ||Usually 1 medium sized|
|Tomato chopped/puree ||150 g || |
Usually 1 medium sized
The one curry
|1 3/4 tbsp |
| Garlic fine chopped/grated/paste ||15 g ||usually 5 cloves|
|Ginger fine chopped/grated/paste || 15 g ||3 one inch cubes|
|Oil ||30 ml ||2 tbsp|
|cashew (soaked in water) ||40 g ||1/2 cup|
If no cashews use fresh cream (non vegan)
or coconut cream
|35 ml || 3 tbsp|
|Fresh Cilantro (optional) || |
1/4 cup chopped
Pre prep needs:
Soak the cashews for 10 mins in water, strain the cashews put in a blender and blend it into a fine paste with adding a little bit of water (the consistency should be off a tooth paste or do your best). But if you don't have cashews use coconut or regular cooking cream(not vegan) at the end and skip this step
- Take a curved or flat bottomed pan/pot and bring it to a medium flame and add 2 tbsp oil of your choice.
- Usually garam masala spices(cardamom, cloves, cinnamon) are added but 'The one curry' has all that you need so you can add a 1/4 tsp of 'The One Curry' Masala. Let the oil get nicely infused with the masala.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns golden brown
- Add the chopped/grated ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute
- Add all the tomatoes give it a bit of stir for a minute. Add a splash of water to avoid burning.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of the curry masala
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt
- Give it a good mix
- Add a splash of water to avoid burning
- Keep sautéing till the entire mixture turns nice and soft for about 2-3 mins
- Tomato Test: You should now see the tomatoes completely turned soft and mushy
- Now add all the sliced mushrooms
- Give it all a good mix and wait till the mushroom releases water
- Now add more water. The quantity of water you add should be in the same level of the entire mix at this point(about 1 cup). Give it a good mix
- Add the cashew paste or 30 ml of coconut cream or table cream(non vegan) and give it all a nice mix.
- Salt and heat Test: Do a final salt and heat test and add salt or black pepper as per your liking
- Put the lid on and bring the flame to high and let it all come to a nice boil.
- As soon as you see entire gravy boiling close the pot with the lid and reduce the flame to simmer(between medium and sim) for 20 mins. Give it a couple of stirs in between the 20 mins to make sure the bottom doesn't burn and put the lid back on.
- After 20 mins remove the lid and bring to a medium flame let it boil for another 5-7 mins until the entire water content reduces to 60% of its initial level. (it should have turned a thicker and oil should separate out)
- Consistency test: The gravy should not be runny. It should be in the consistency of a table cream
- Add cilantro leaves (1/4 chopped)
- Add a spoon of butter (optional also non vegan)
- If you like it more creamy add some table cream at this point and let it boil for a minute (optional)
Enjoy with Rice or Naan bread