Serves - 4
Divide the proportion/2 for serving 2
Spice level - Mild
tsp - Tea spoon
tbsp - Table spoon
| Items || Quantity || In Numbers|
|Beef sliced in small pieces ||500 g |
|Onion fine chopped ||250 g ||Usually 2 medium sized|
|Tomato chopped or puree ||180 g || Usually 1 1/2|
The one curry
1 1/2 tbsp |
Garlic mashed/grated/blended ||1 tbsp ||usually 6 cloves|
| 1 tbsp ||about the 2 inches |
|Oil (we love coconut oil) ||35 ml || 2 tbsp|
|Salt ||1/2 tbsp |
|Fresh Cilantro || |
|Mint leaves ||5 g ||1/4 cup|
|Coconut cream || |
Let's use our good old BMMS method for the curry. So follow in below order step by step
Step 1: The Base (5 mins)
- Take a curved or flat bottomed pot and bring it to a medium flame and add 50 ml oil of your choice.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns gold brown
- Add the crushed/grated ginger and garlic and sauté for a 30-60 sec till sense the raw smell go away
- Add all the tomatoes/puree give it a bit of stir for a minute
Step 2: The Masala (5 mins)
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of 'The One Curry' masala
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt .Give it a good mix
- Add a little bit of water to avoid burning
- Keep sautéing till the entire mixture turns nice and soft for about 2-3 mins
- Tomato Test: You should now see the tomatoes completely turned soft and mushy
Step 3: The Main (5 mins)
- Add all the beef meat and give it all an awesome mix so the meat gets coated well.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and heat Test: Do a final salt and heat test and add salt or black pepper(about 1 tsp if you like some heat) as per your liking.
- Add the mint leaves and give it above mix
- Bring the flame to high and let it come to a nice boil.
- If you have lemon just give the mixture one tiny squeeze if not that's ok too.
Step 4: The Simmering (25 mins)
- As soon as you see entire gravy boiling close the pot with the lid and reduce the flame to simmer(between medium and sim) for at least 45 mins. Give it a couple of stirs in between to make sure the bottom doesn't burn and put the lid back on.
- Bring to a high flame and boil it for 5-7 more mins till the water reduces to 60% of its initial level and the gravy gets a bit thick.
- Add a spoon of butter (optional)
- Add chopped Cilantro and let it boil for 1 minute
- Traditionally the curry is served here. But you can proceed below if you like it a bit creamy. Both are delicious in its own way.
- Add 50 ml of coconut cream coconut cream and let it boil for another 2-3 mins.
- Finish it off with some Chopped Cilantro.
Enjoy with Rice or Naan bread!